All homework will be submitted through the subpages here. Even through several homework assignments are group projects, each student is responsible for turning in their own homework assignment.
Homework is due before class unless otherwise stated.
- Practice using various cyberinfrastructure components
- Practice working as a team
- Practice "virtual" skills:
- Documenting on a wiki
- Code versioning (github)
- Remote computing: (letting computers do work while you are doing something else)
- Coordinating with other people (everyone is busy)
- Communicating effectively and clearly
- Practice effective communication skills:
- The importance of this cannot be over stated
Homework Due Date:
- Unless specified, homework is due before the next class from which it was assigned. Homework assigned on Tuesday is due prior to class on Thursday. Homework assigned on Thursday is due prior to class on Tuesday.
- Homework is 20% of your grade.
- Do the homework: they will be essential for the midterm and final projects.
- Use other people's work to help you complete your assignment
- Make sure to reference them and give them credit
- Ask for help from other students!