- Best (better) Practices in Scientific Computing
- Working as a team for project organization
Best Practices in Scientific Computing
- Read this paper: Best Practices for Scientific Computing https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1001745
- Create a new team (must work with different people than in your first project)!
- Pick one project from the team and evaluate this project with regards to the major sections of "Best Practices for Scientific Computing"
- These sections are summarized in Box 1.
- Take these sections (Box1) and divide the major sections among the team (i.e., each person takes one or two sections)
- Each person must describe how the project abided by these recommendations or did not.
- If the project abided by the recommendations, show with an example from the project. If it did not, provide a recommendation for how the project could be improved.
- Given those recommendations, give the project a grade (A, B, C, D, F) and justify the grade.
- Add a post mortem analysis after the homework is completed
- Fill out teammate evaluations (you will receive no homework credit unless this is done): https://forms.gle/3QY1cWVowm1PYSsE6