Cut Columns extracts columns of data from tabular data files.
- To use Cut Columns, upload your data in tabular text format. Examples include CSV and tab-delimited formats. Then, enter a comma-separated list of columns to extract. Indicate the character that is used to delimit fields in your data file.
- Resources: This tool is based on the UNIX cut command with modifications made to allow it to run in the iPlant Discovery Environment.
All files are located in the Community Data directory of the iPlant Discovery Environment at the following path:
Community Data > iplantcollaborative > example_data > cut_columns
- Use Countries.txt as a test input file.
Parameters Used in App
When the app is run in the Discovery Environment, use the following parameters with the above input file(s) to get the output provided in the next section below.
- Use these parameters within the DE app interface:
- Delimiter - Tab
- Columns to cut - c1
- Expect a text file 'cutWrapper_output.txt' as output.