DNAPARS is an implementation of Phylip package. It infers an unrooted phylogeny from DNA sequences using maximum parsimony. The application accepts as input a multiple sequence alignment in Phylip interleaved format. If bootstrapping is selected, a user specified number of bootstrap replicates will be sampled from the input alignment and the consensus tree will be reported.
- To use DNAPARS, upload your data in Phylip interleaved format format.
- Resources: Phylip documentation
All files are located in the Community Data directory of the iPlant Discovery Environment at the following path:
Community Data > iplantcollaborative > example_data > dnapars
- Use the file M3297_20_phylip.phy as a test input file. This example is a randomly selected subset of 20 taxa from TreeBase character matrix M3297 from "Brassicaceae phylogeny inferred from phytochrome A and ndhF sequence data: tribes and trichomes revisited".
Parameters Used in Application
When the app is run in the Discovery Environment, use the following parameters with the above input file(s) to get the output provided in the next section below.
- Default parameters only, no further configuration needed.
- Expect the following output files: