Before you begin, you may want to read an overview about sharing data files and folders in the DE. You can share an item you own with someone in your Collaborators list or any other DE user. Access is granted only to the specifically shared data item, folder, or subfolder. You also can request a permanent identifier (a DOI or ARK) within the DE. For information on how to do so, see Requesting a Permanent Identifier in the Data Commons.
Sharing a file or folder
Step 1: Share the file or folder
- Click Share on the toolbar and then click Share With Collaborators.
- In the Details section, click either Begin sharing (if the item has not been shared) or click the numeral in the Share line (displaying the number of users with whom the item has been shared).
The Manage Sharing window opens, displaying the name of the file or folder and the names of any CyVerse users with whom you have already shared the file or folder.
Step 2: Select the recipients
- Select a user in your Collaborators list: Click Choose Collaborators, select the user, click OK, and then click Done.
- Search for any CyVerse use by clicking in the search field, begin entering the user's name, and then click the user's name from the list.
Step 3: Change the permission level
- To allow the user only to read the item, leave the Permissions level at read.
- To allow the user to add metadata and change the info-type, click write.
To grant the user full access to the item, including the ability to rename, move, and delete, click own.
- Repeat for each user.
- Click Done.
Both the sharer and the recipient receive notification that the data item has been shared.
Unsharing a file or folder in the Data window
- Find and select the shared data item you own to which you want to revoke sharing.
- Either click next to the item, or click the checkbox for the item and then click the Share menu and then click Share with Collaborators.
- Click .
- Click Done.