If you are a new user to DE apps, you may want to review Using the Apps Window and Submitting an Analysis before you begin.
For information on submitting a high-throughput or batch analysis, see Using HPC Apps in the DE and HT analysis path list file for use in high-throughput and batch file execution.
In the Apps window, find the app to use.
Click the app name to open the app.
The app opens, displaying the panels for the app, as defined by the app's integrator. Required fields are displayed with a red asterisk next to the field and on the panel header. Complete each field in a panel and then click to open the next one. On the first panel:
- Change the analysis name (optional). See Using Special Characters in the DE for notes about special characters in analysis names.
Enter any comments about the analysis, if you want (not available for HPC apps).
Verify the output folder. To change the output folder location for this analysis, click Browse and navigate to the existing folder.
- To have a copy of all input files returned to the same folder as the analysis results, select Retain Inputs (not available for Agave apps).
- To receive an email notification when the status of the analysis changes, .
- Click to open the input data panel:
- Click Browse in the input file field, navigate to the file location, and click OK.
Repeat for each input file to select.
See HT analysis path list file for use in high-throughput and batch file execution for steps on high-throughput or batch analysis.
- Open each remaining panel and, at minimum, complete each required field.
Click Launch Analysis and then click OK to begin the analysis.
To quickly check if the analysis has completed, click or refresh your browser window.
Want to cancel the analysis? See the Canceling an analysis section on Relaunching, Canceling, and Deleting Analyses, Viewing Analysis Outputs and Info.