Molly Cohen, ADE
Local Point of Contact:
|Marni Landry, PVHS|
Uwe Hilgert, UA/BIO5 Institute
February 11, 2017
|NW corner of 40th St. and Bell, Phoenix, Paradise Valley|
Make sure you have a valid CyVerse/iPlant account:
- You should be able to log into the DNA subway at: http://dnasubway.cyverse.org/.
- If you do not have an CyVerse/iPlant account, please get one at: http://user.cyverse.org.
Workshop Agenda and Resources
DNA Barcoding - Isolate DNA & Prep PCR
DNA Barcoding - Electrophoresis and Prep DNA for Sequencing
Analyze DNA Barcodes (Blue Line)
Links to updated protocol, list of barcoding samples and gel images
Ms. Cherry's movie of the gel that holds Samples #1-#9.
Post Workshop DNA Sequencing Results
Instructions on retrieving your results will be posted here after the workshop.
DNA Subway instructions:
Log into DNA Subway (dnasubway.cyverse.org)
Start a blue line project
- Under 'Select Project Type' select the project type to be ‘rbcL’ barcoding
- Under ‘Select Sequence Source’ choose ‘Import Sequence from DNALC.’ Our sequences have a the Tracking #: 10-363917407 and are posted as the entry under Date: 02/25/2017 and Name: Uwe Hilgert.
- Check 'select all,' then click on 'Add Selected Files.'
- Provide a 'Project title.'
- Provide a project 'Description.'
- Click on 'Continue.'
Conduct the analysis following the instructions in Blue Line Walk-through.
Tip: Process at first only your own sample through all the steps. Then, as you become more familiar with DNA Subway and sequence analysis, look at some of the other sample.
Additional Links and Resources
- DNA Subway Manual
- DNA Barcoding Manual
- Barcoding lab planning and prep
- http://www.urbanbarcodeproject.org - UBP website
- http://www.iBoL.org - International Barcode of Life Project
- http://www.dnabarcoding101.org/ - DNA Barcoding