Welcome to the materials from this webinar!
- Webinar Description
- Date: Friday, November 30, 2018
- Time: 10 am PDT, 1 pm EDT
- Presenter: Ramona Walls, CyVerse Science Informatician
Who should attend?
Anyone who plans to publish data as part of a scientific study or anyone who plans to publish a research paper based on data.
What will be covered in the webinar?
- What are the FAIR data principles (https://www.go-fair.org/fair-principles/) and why they matter to scientists.
- Best practices for making your data FAIR right from the start (or, how to avoid headaches when it is time to publish).
- Tools and resources available within CyVerse to support data management and reproducible science throughout the data life cycle, including containers, metadata, and data submission pipelines.
- Tips for publishing your data to the CyVerse Data Commons.
How will the information help attendees’ science/career?
- Life will be easier if you plan how to manage your data from the start.
- Funders now require Data Release, Sharing, and Management plans, and they are being reviewed. From an NSF solicitation:
"PIs should consult with current data standardization procedures as described by public sites such as DataONE and follow the "The Fair Guiding Principles for Data Management and Stewardship" and those articulated in "Best Practices for Scientific Computing"."
Come and learn how CyVerse resources enable you to make your data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR).
This presentation will review those sources and explain how you can comply with their suggestions and best practices.
- Presentation Slides: CyVerse_FAIR_11-2018.pptx
- YouTube Video:
- chat text
- See the presentation slides for all links
- DE Manual
- Post-webinar Survey (we value and need your input)-https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FAIRdata
- 25 attendees (excluding presenter and host)