If you have a lot of files to process through an app in the DE, and the app takes only 1 file at a time, what do you do? Do you manually start one job at a time? No, use an "HT Analysis Path List file".
- Go to the Discovery Environment and open the Data window.
- Use the "File" pull-down menu and select Create > "New HT Analysis Path List file".
- Drag and drop files that you want to use with an app into the new file.
- Save the file.
- Open your application (single file input only, not multiple file input).
- Drag and drop your HT Analysis Path List file in the box.
- Configure the rest of the inputs for the app and launch the job.
- A separate job will run with each file on the HT Analysis Path List file, and the results for each file will be in a separate folder within the main job output folder in the Analyses window.
- Submitting jobs this way will start up to 8 simultaneous jobs in the DE. You can submit up to 16 files at a time in an HT Analysis Path List file, but the maximum number of jobs that you can have running at a time in the DE is 8.