Atmosphere addresses the growing needs for highly configurable and customized computational infrastructure to support research efforts in life sciences. A cloud computing platform designed to provide easy access to preconfigured, frequently used analysis routines, relevant algorithms, and datasets in an easy to use web application, Atmosphere is designed to accommodate data-intensive computational tasks. Atmosphere supports collaborative data analysis by providing features such as screen sharing between multiple remote users.
Atmosphere has moved from an instances-based experience to a project-based experience, so you access instances from your Projects list. Each instance and volume is tied to one project. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with Linux command-line, as some actions require some degree of knowledge of the command-line interface.
To use Atmosphere, you will need to request access to it. For information on how to add Atmosphere to your list of services, see Managing Account.
- Virtual machine images preconfigured for life sciences domain-specific tasks.
- Powerful and rich web client for ease of management and administration.
- Integration with the Discovery Environment (DE).
- API service for integrating with existing infrastructure components.
- Customized self-service portal for end users.
- Integrated gateway access to grid and high-performance computing (HPC) resources.
- The old UI was removed on Sept. 20, 2016. To report missing features in the current UI or to request new features or improvements for Atmosphere, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.