You can add additional users to an instance. The new user must be a.
- If necessary, connect to your instance via SSH or VNC.
Log in as the root user and enter your CyVerse password when prompted, to be given root privileges:
- Using a text editor, open the /etc/group file:
- Find the line listing all users who belong to the users group. In most cases, this will be your userid (e.g., jane).
Add the new username to the end of the line, substituting the new username for henri, as in the following example:
- Repeat for each additional user to add to the instance.
- When done, save the changes and exit the file.
Click at the bottom right of the screen to chat with an Atmosphere support team member during business hours. You also can go to Ask CyVerse for Atmosphere, or click Feedback & Support at the bottom of the screen.