You can view status and metrics for Atmosphere and other CyVerse services. You also can subscribe to receive automatic notifications when the status changes so you don't have to keep checking back on this page.
Opening and understanding the Status screen
- Log in to Atmosphere.
- Click your username at the top right of the screen and then click Status:
- The statuses of the API, web application, and authentication service are displayed at the top.
- External services displays a green checkmark next to the services that are currently operational; a red checkmark indicates the service is not currently operating.
- Metrics displays the uptime (length of time Atmosphere has been running without incident) and response time (average time it takes to return an Atmosphere request for action) for both Atmosphere and the CAS server, the authentication server that allows you to log in to Atmosphere and other CyVerse services. You can view the metrics by today, week, or month.
- At the bottom, you can switch to History to view the history of and information about any reported incidents related to Atmosphere or the CAS authentication server, or back to Status, the default metrics view.
Subscribing to Atmosphere status updates
You can subscribe to Atmosphere updates via email, webhook, or RSS notifications.
A webhook update sends updates via text message, chat, or tweet to the URL you specify. For more information on webhooks, see Webhooks on the Wikipedia website. An RSS update allows you to receive a "feed" of frequently changing content on the Atmosphere site. Subscribing to this feed sends an update to the feed you specify whenever there is a change is the status of Atmosphere. For more information on RSS feeds, see What is RSS on the Webopedia website.
- Click your username at the top right of the screen and then click Status.
- Click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of the Status window.
- Select either:
- Email to receive email status updates, enter the email to which you want to receive status updates about Atmosphere, and click Subscribe.
- Webhook to receive webhook status updates, enter the URL to which you want to receive the notifications, and click Subscribe.
- RSS to receive RSS status updates, click RSS Feed, click the dropdown list at the top and select the feed to which you want to receive the updates, click Always use <feedtype> to subscribe to feeds, and then click Subscribe Now.