Welcome to CyVerse!
You have discovered a great resource for enabling your scientific computational research. The CyVerse website now contains the overview and introductory information:
- Learn about the CyVerse project.
- Learning Center: Great introductory information about creating and managing your CyVerse account, managing your data, choosing the platform for your needs, requesting a workshop, and how to get Help.
What you need to get started today
Before you can do anything, you'll need to create an account. Find out more at Create Account. (If you already had an iPlant account, don't worry—it will still work!). Along with your account, you will be subscribed to The Node, a monthly email newsletter with the latest on CyVerse news, events, workshops, products, and services.
For information on making changes to your account, such as resetting your password or change account information, see Manage Account.
Once you have your account
- See Upcoming Events on the CyVerse website for the latest news about CyVerse workshops, webinars, and events.
- Check out how to use this wiki to learn how to set up your wiki dashboard, edit pages, save favorite spaces and pages, and more.
- View the Tutorials List to see what tutorials and videos you can view.
- Check out the overviews on managing and accessing your data and the Data Store on the website, then come back here to learn how to handle your data.
- Learn the basics about how to share and analyze your data from a web browser using our easy-to-use Discovery Environment, which provides a graphical user interface for hundreds of bioinformatics applications, then come back here to the Discovery Environment User Manual for the how-to information.
- Visit the CyVerse Apps page for a list of programs, documentation, and sample data.
- Learn the basics about Atmosphere, powerful free cloud computing for analysis and software distribution that's great for users who prefer to set up their own environment, come back here to the Atmosphere User Manual for detailed instructions.
- Learn about Powered by CyVerse (formerly Powered by iPlant).
- Learn the basics of how to manage your image data online using BisQue, then come back here to the BisQue User Manual for detailed instructions.
Get help when you need it
We all need a little help sometimes, and at CyVerse we are standing by to give you the support you need.
- Learn how to use the CyVerse Wiki.
- Email CyVerse Support for technical support such as resetting your password or to
- Learn how to use Ask CyVerse, where you can submit your questions or see others’ questions — the place to connect with CyVerse’s knowledgeable bioinformaticians and users.
Leverage CyVerse for your entire project
CyVerse offers science support for everyone, from individual users to multi-institutional collaborations.
- Learn about CyVerse in your classroom using DNA Subway.
- Learn how to leverage CyVerse components for your own computational platform.
- Apply for CyVerse Collaborative Support.
Something to say?
We’d love to hear from you!