- Add metadata to every folder in the submission package. BioProject, BioSample, and Library metadata are entered using metadata templates in the DE. After all metadata has been added, save a single metadata file from the BioProject-level folder.
- Enter metadata via the pulldown templates for each folder level (BioProject, BioSample, Library):
- Input: Submission package created in Step 1.
Output: Metadata file saved from the top-level BioProject folder in the submission package.
Three metadata templates will be used to add metadata to the submission package: BioProject, BioSample, and Library, successively:
- For the BioProject folder select "NCBI BioProject Creation WGS" metadata template and fill all the fields.
- For the BioSample folder(s) select "NCBI BioSample - Plant WGS" metadata template and fill all the fields.
- For the Library folder(s) select "NCBI WGS Library" metadata template and fill all the fields.
- When entering a contact email on the BioProject metadata template, enter the email address associated with your NCBI account or you will not receive WGS email notifications on the status of your submission.
- Use the Metadata Term Guide in the DE (located within each template) for explanations of each metadata term.
- To remove a metadata template, click the blue Remove Template button at the top of the template. This removes all metadata from that template.
- If you plan to submit a large number of BioSamples and/or Libraries, see the documentation for adding metadata templates in bulk.
- Alternatively, at the BioSample and Library submission package levels, enter metadata that applies to multiple folders first, then copy it to all folders at that level. Metadata will be copied from the folder selected when the Copy Metadata function is chosen. For more information, see the CyVerse wiki page for metadata copying. If one of the required metadata fields is not shared, you can enter a placeholder so that you can save the template contents for copying, and then edit that field for each folder. After copying, use the ‘Edit metadata’ function to add additional metadata to each folder.
- See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/biosample/docs/packages/ for help determining the appropriate BioSample type for your data.
- If you require BioSample templates for variants of MIMS, MIGS, or MIMARKS data, please make the request at email@example.com
- Only submission package folders have metadata. Do not add metadata to the sequence files.
- Any changes to folder names, file names, or metadata require that you save a new metadata file before submission.
- For the top-level, or BioProject, folder in the submission package, select the NCBI Bioproject BioProject Creation WGS BioProject Metadata template, and enter metadata (metadata template tutorial):