- -->Easily deployable version of Sequence Server for scaling<--
- The client requires a web client which can be used by educators and students to run the NCBI BLAST Basic Local Alignment Search Tool algorithm.
- The client would specifically like for us to provide the wurmlab/sequenceserver local web front-end version of the BLAST tool, which delivers the user interface and analysis capabilities they require.
- Finally the client needs the hosted blast implementation to support multiple classes of at least 100 students all using the BLAST curriculum concurrently (courtesy of Wilson's slides), with an average run time of 2-3 minutes per job. As well as some assurance that the ~100 jobs will finish at approximately the same time.
- Instructors add/build their datasets to Sequence Server
- Image/deployment can scale as required by the number of students in the class
- Bonus: Caching results for the same query
- Bonus: Updates to UI (need more specification from client)