Homework 4 - Star
- The Client, Dr. Wilson, has expressed the needs for an easily deployable version of SequenceServer.
Understanding the problem:
- For educational purposes, the GEA has to be able to execute BLAST such that 100+ students are able to obtain results (relatively quickly) at the same time.
- For this to happen, the server MUST NOT throttle requests coming from the same IP address (e.g. classroom shared IP address).
- BLAST can be run locally using SequenceServer.
- Installation of SequenceServer (and required genomes) must be simple and intuitive enough such that anyone with limited informatics background can install and operate the suite.
Objectives (according to the CyVerse's Wiki Midterm page):
- Instructors add/build their datasets to Sequence Server
- Image/deployment can scale as required by the number of students in the class
- Bonus: Caching results for the same query
- Bonus: Updates to UI (need more specification from client)
The Good: placeholder text
The Bad: placeholder text
The Ugly: placeholder text
What could have been done differently? placeholder text