What worked well:
- As this project was multi-faceted requiring skills ranging from understanding of biology to re-purposing software source code, each individual's talents became particularly useful in driving this project to a completion.
- Following AGILE principles in organizing our project
- Team communication via slack was pivotal in keeping this team together
What didn't work well:
- The team was quite innovative with their solution but, not investing more time in a secondary backup plan in-case there were issues with plan-A.
What could have been differently:
- Extensive benchmarking involving larger BLAST databases would be nice to have
- Project timelines and deadlines to be communicated well in advance so as to not rush the results in the end.