Rationale and background:
DIAMOND is a sequence aligner for protein and translated DNA searches, designed for high-performance analysis of big sequence data. The key features are:
- Pairwise alignment of proteins and translated DNA at 500x-20,000x speed of BLAST.
- Frameshift alignments for long read analysis.
- Low resource requirements and suitable for running on standard desktops or laptops.
- Various output formats, including BLAST pairwise, tabular and XML, as well as taxonomic classification.
The test data are provided for testing DIAMOND-makedb-0.9.10 is in here - /iplant/home/shared/iplantcollaborative/example_data/diamond_blast:
Use the following inputs/outputs for testing DIAMOND-makedb-0.9.10
Input file - sample.faa
- Database file - out (Default)
- out.dmnd - Final database for the input file (sample.faa).
Now you can proceed to actual DIAMOND Blast
More information about DIAMOND-makedb-0.9.10 can be found at https://github.com/bbuchfink/diamond