This page is obsolete. Stay tuned for updates.
You can register and use new API clients as well as search for CyVerse users by using the REST API. For an introduction to the CyVerse API clients, see Science APIs.
Registering API clients
You can request clients for available APIs so that you can implement CyVerse APIs programmatically. Once approved to use the client (usually within two business days), you receive an email with an auto-generated key and secret code, which can be regenerated if necessary.
You also can search for CyVerse users with Full REST API.
Registering an API client for your account
- Go to CyVerse User Management, click CyVerse Login, and enter your CyVerse username and password.
If you have not already done so, you must register for an account. To retrieve or change your password, username, or email address, see Resetting Your Password.
Click the API Clients tab.
- To view documentation about the API, click (User Manual).
- To email the API maintainer, click (Email the maintainer).
- To register an API client:
- In the Available APIs section, click Register a Client for the API you want to register.
In the New API Client form, complete all fields:
- Enter the name of the API client as it will be displayed in your My Clients list.
- Enter a description of the client.
- Enter or paste the URL of the website that explains your API client.
- Enter or paste the IP address for the API client. If more than one IP address exists for the client, separate each IP address with a comma.
- Enter a description of how you will use the data generated by use of the API client.
- Client Save.
Within approximately 2 business days, you will receive an email from CyVerse Support about the registration of the API client. It approved, the client, key, and secret code will be available in your My API Clients list.
Regenerating an API client key
If you think your API client has been compromised, you can regenerate your key and secret code.
- On the API Clients tab, click Regenerate Keys.
The new key and secret codes are displayed in your My API Clients list.
All API client authors must have a current CyVerse account and all API clients must be registered on the user's API Clients tab in the user management portal.