Using the Apps window and submitting an analysis
An app is the mechanism you use to submit an analysis.
- App: Interface of a tool that has been configured and made available for use in the DE. The same tool can be used in more than one app, and may also be created by different integrators with different intents and interfaces.
- Tool: Software program (executable binary or executable) that is installed on a server and integrated into the back end of the DE for use in DE apps.
- Analysis: Detailed examination of data performed in the DE by selecting one or more apps to perform a desired task for the purpose of discussion or interpretation.
Within the Apps window, you open the app to use for your analysis, and then select the file or files to use, define the settings as needed, and launch the analysis. As the analysis proceeds through the job, you receive updates about its progress. Once the analysis is completed, you retrieve and analysis the results.
This page includes:
This section includes:
The Category section on the left shows the app categories, divided into two major sections:
- Workspace apps: These apps are available only to you and include the apps you are currently working on (Apps under development), your list of favorite apps, and the list of apps you have submitted for public use. Select a category in this pane to display its contents in the right pane.
- Public Apps and High-Performance Computing: The right section shows the selected path to the folders and files available in the current category, the integrator's name, and any ratings entered by other users. Select the app to use for your analysis from this section. New for the 1.8.7 release, the selected folder is displayed above the right pane.
To view information about the app or tool, click to the left of the app name. If the app name is displayed in red font color or in the Archive category, the app is unavailable and cannot be used:
Apps and Workflows
Enter part of an app name to find the App to use.
At the top right of each window are the window icons.
Customizing the Apps window
You can sort on any column in the Apps list, and hide or show columns to customize the look of your list.
- Hover over any column header in the list until a down arrow appears on the right side of the column:
- Click the down arrow:
- To sort on the column, click either Sort Ascending or Sort Descending.
- To hide or show a column, point to Columns, and then select or clear the checkbox for the column.