An app is th
An app is the mechanism you use to submit an analysis.
Within the Apps window, you open the app to use for your analysis, and then select the file or files to use, define the settings as needed, and launch the analysis. As the analysis proceeds through the job, you receive updates about its progress. Once the analysis is completed, you retrieve and analysis the results.
Opening the Apps window
Click Apps to open the Apps window.
The Category section on the left shows the app categories, divided into three major sections.
- Workspace apps: These apps are available only to you. The list includes the apps you are currently working on (Apps under development), your list of favorite apps, and the list of apps you have shared with other CyVerse users. Select a category in this panel to display its contents in the right pane.
- Public Apps: Apps that have been shared with other CyVerse users as well as the apps you created and shared.
- High-Performance Computing (HPC): The list of high-performance computing (HPC) apps that may be submitted directly to the Agave API. For more information on the Agave API, see The Agave API.
Looking for an HPC app?
If an HPC app doesn't show up in search or no apps are listed on the HPC tab in the Apps window, you have not yet authenticated to the Agave server.
- In the Apps window, click the HPC tab.
- At the prompt, enter your CyVerse username and password.
If prompted to Allow, Allow Always, or Deny access, click either Always Allow or Allow.
Click the checkbox, Remember me on this computer.
Contact Support if you still can't see the HPC apps and tell them you followed the directions on the page.
Apps and Workflows
App selection and information
The right section shows the path for the selected data item. as well as the list of apps within the selected folder and integrator's name. You also can view any ratings entered by other users and enter comments about the app. Select the app to use for your analysis from this section.
The selected folder is displayed above the right panel.
- To view information about an app, tool, or the app's user manual, or to email the app's integrator, click to the left of the app name.
Wondering why an app has a funny symbol or is no longer in the list?
Apps with are disabled and currently not available for use.
Apps with are public apps that have not yet been vetted by the CyVerse team.
Apps with are private apps that you either you created or that have been shared with you by another user.
If an app is no longer returned in a search query, it may have been deprecated as part of the app recategorization efforts. You can use a similar app by searching for an app with a similar name or that uses the same tool. If you are the app integrator or need access to the app from a link in a publication, contact CyVerse Support at email@example.com for assistance.
It's also possible you haven't authenticated to the HPC server. You are prompted to log in to the server when you log in to the DE, open the Apps window, or click the HPC tab. Once you have authenticated, you won't see the prompt again unless major changes to the HPC server require re-authentication, which should happen rarely. So if the app you are searching for is in the HPC list, logging in will return the app to you in search results.
- You can view, rate, and add comments about an app.At the top of the Apps window are the menus for managing apps and workflows:
Enter part of an app name to find the app to use.
At the top right of each window are the window icons.
Customizing the Apps window view
You can sort on any column in the Apps list, and hide or show columns to customize the look of your list.
- Hover over any column header in the list until a down arrow appears on the right side of the column:
- Click the down arrow:
- To sort on the column, click either Sort Ascending or Sort Descending.
- To hide or show a column, point to Columns, and then select or clear the checkbox for the column.