|Biostatistics 2016 - 5th International Conference on Biometrics & Biostatistics|
Date and Time
|October 21, 2016, XX-XXam/pm|
Venue/Room Location, Houston, TX
How to get the most out of this workshop
- This workshop is primarily a series of short demos.
- Experience and attendee feedback has shown that most users in this setting (attending a major conference, potentially limited internet, lecture seating) are usually looking to evaluate and follow up with information rather than detailed training.
- Slides and tutorials will be available at this link for follow up at your own pace.
- The workshop will conclude with resources on how to follow up and get more help and training.
Post-workshop checklist and software downloads
1. Obtain a CyVerse Account
- Get your free account at http://user.cyverse.org. If possible, please register with an institutional (e.g. .edu, .org, .gov) email account ; only accounts linked to institutions can be granted access to Atmosphere.
2. Obtain Atmosphere Access
- Once you have your account, go to https://user.cyverse.org/dashboard/ and under Available Services, request access to Atmosphere. Indicate that you are attending a workshop when you are asked for justification (This will only be granted if you registered for CyVerse using an institutional account; see above).
3. Setup your computer for CyVerse
Most CyVerse platforms only require a web browser. All users are encouraged to use Cyberduck for their data uploads (GUI); iCommands can be used for access to the Data Store services.
- Internet Browser: Please have an up-to-date web browser (We strongly recommend Firefox or Safari; Internet Explorer, Chrome and others have significant issues.)
- Data Store: Download and install iCommands (for Linux and MacOS only)
The following are optional for the workshop, but required if you wish to complete all exercises in the workshop packet:
- VNC Viewer: Download the DMG (for MAC) or exe (for PC) (http://www.realvnc.com/download/viewer/)
- Windows Users: Download and install PuTTY (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html)
Information on The Biostatistics Conference
- Biostatistics 2016 is comprised of keynote and speakers sessions on latest cutting edge research designed to offer comprehensive global discussions that address current issues in Biostatistics 2016