Connecting to an Image via Remote Desktop (VNC Viewer)
VNC is a way to share a graphical desktop environment. Atmosphere's Remote Desktop uses a VNC (Virtual Network Computing) that allows one or many Atmosphere users to access an image that is being run on CyVerse resources in a graphical desktop environment on their local machines.
The underlying protocol works across operating systems and platforms, and allows remote users to access, use, and share a computer system. There are many free VNC clients or viewers, some of which are mentioned in this section.
- In Atmosphere, click Projects on the menu bar and then click the project with the instance to view in Remote Desktop.
- Click the instance name to open the instance.
- Click Remote Desktop under Links on the right.
- If prompted to use the Java applet, click Yes.
- In the VNC Viewer window, click Connect.
- Enter your CyVerse username and password and click OK. The VNC Viewer window opens.